What should you do when your The Woodlands home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your property – and your family – against the various risks you may encounter, like theft, fire, and flooding. Although your home might be ready, that doesn’t mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your The Woodlands home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is likely to be startling, disorienting, and may cause panic. Your best choice is to stay level-headed and abide by these simple guidelines.
Actions to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In The Woodlands Sounds
You don’t want to be in this situation, but it’s also why you ordered a home alarm system in the first place. You’re roused in the middle of the night with the telltale sounding of an alarm after a security sensor has been tripped. So what is your next move?
- Stay calm. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blasting, and your heart is racing. But keeping a cool head is the optimal way to evaluate what’s going on. Avoid the impulse of trying to deal with the emergency alone but instead permit your monitoring staff and first responders to perform their job.
- Protect your loved ones. Your priority should be your family members and getting them out of harm’s way. In the case of a break-in, this might involve going to an appointed secure area as far from entry points as possible. The trespasser was probably already frightened away by the alarm, but it’s always wise to be extra cautious. If there’s smoke or flames, you need to exit your house right away.
- Don’t forget your phone. The vast majority of people keep their phones with them constantly these days, but you could neglect to take it during an urgent situation. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll have the chance to stay connected with your monitoring specialists and receive notifications through your home security app.
Connect With Your 24/7 Monitoring Specialists
The moment your home alarm system in The Woodlands goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring experts will spring to action. Their first move is to verify your alarm, and that involves getting in contact with you. The guideline they follow depends on the kind of emergency. For example, when the emergency is is for medical reasons, one attempt will be made to get in touch with you before help is deployed. In the event of an intrusion - the most typical type of event - a monitoring agent will abide by these procedures to contact you:
- An effort will be made to reach you via the central command panel. You will generally be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that attempt doesn’t get an answer, a call is made to your primary contact number.
- A second number or your primary contact person is attempted next.
- If there is still no answer, nearby police are sent.
- Your monitoring specialists will try to reach you again after authorities are notified.
If you're not in a position to converse with monitoring staff, that’s OK. Support will still be dispatched even when you're unable to substantiate the emergency.
Get protection for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in The Woodlands
Be prepared for any crisis with a contemporary home alarm system in The Woodlands from Vivint. Call (346) 787-2806 to begin customizing your property’s protection today.