Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your The Woodlands smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home security system as it connects your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into one united system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface puts you in full control of your The Woodlands home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it will help you and check out recommendations to get you started.
What can you do with the Vivint Smart Hub in The Woodlands?
Wirelessly linking to components via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your home. You may arm or disarm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. When integrating a video doorbell, you can even speak to whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a backup battery and cellular capability for enhanced reliability. It also gives you convenient remote operability through the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the duties you can carry out:
- Check current or saved footage from any connected cameras
- Arm or disarm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to monitoring agents
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in The Woodlands by implementing schedules or initiating preferences. For instance, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a certain time. Or, you can add preferences like having your doors unlock whenever the smoke detector triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just follow these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will remain in the home and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and everything in your home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is swipe down on the shield icon and enter your PIN.
The Smart Hub will post a message if something is preventing the system from arming. For example, an open window or door will urge you to take action. Keep in mind that you can still arm the security system by following the instructions above. You will then need to verify you want to ignore the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in The Woodlands
Despite the fact that multiple users can be set up during the initial installation, you will likely want to add or remove a user at some point. Here are steps to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote access, tap phone or email and enter the info to deliver an request.
- Choose Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, simply navigate to the menu, tap users, pick the user you wish to remove, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take control of your home’s automation and security through an easy-to-use touchscreen console? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new The Woodlands home security system. Call (346) 787-2806 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.